ConservationAdvocate.org is administered by the Pennsylvania Land Trust Association and is an advocacy resource for land and water conservation issues. Stay informed of conservation advocacy issues, by subscribing to PA Conservation Advocate email alerts. Bookmark this site and check back for further updates. Read about our public policy accomplishments.
PALTA Mission: The Pennsylvania Land Trust Association helps people conserve the lands needed for healthy, prosperous, and secure communities—the forests, farms, parks, urban gardens and other green places that safeguard our drinking water, prevent flooding, protect wildlife, provide recreational and economic opportunities, and preserve scenic beauty and community treasures. The Association accomplishes this by helping nonprofits and local governments improve their effectiveness and efficiency in acquiring and stewarding land and easements, advancing sustainable land use practices, and connecting people to the outdoors. The Association also fosters public understanding of conservation, advocates for sound governmental policy, and leads state and national endeavors to achieve far-reaching advancements in conservation.
- Increase the pace of land conservation.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of land conservation work.
- Ensure that land conservation is lasting.
- Build strong conservation organizations.
- Improve land use planning and advance sustainable development practices.
- Raise public understanding and support for conservation.
- Align public policy with conservation goals.